Wednesday, August 1, 2012

And so it begins...


Let me start off by saying that most of what I learned in the kitchen was through trial and error, gleeful (and sometimes not so gleeful) experimentation, and the thoughtful pondering and tweaking of countless recipes. I didn't go to school and I haven't taken any classes, so to any trained folks reading this, I apologize for any major rule breaking in advance ;-)

Now that that's out of the way, I bring you... Belen's Kitchen! A collection of culinary experiments in my quest to keep cooking fun, creative, and as close to paleo/primal as possible. For those not yet in the know, paleo and primal diets rely on keeping food as natural as possible, and cutting out sugary things like pasta, bread and potatoes. I won't bore you with the science of it all, but if you're interested check out http://www.marksdailyapple.com for some seriously great info on living a primal lifestyle. It's great stuff, and I highly recommend it.

I'll begin posting recipes soon (maybe even.. today?), just keep in mind that you'll see the occasional "fistful of this" and "mad dash of that" measuring units. I'll try to keep it as exact as I can, but sometimes really good food is the result of a very happy accident :-)

Til then!

XOXO,
Belen

2 comments:

  1. Yay!!! :-)

    I've posted a handful of recipes for you to try out. Let me know how it goes! :-)

    ReplyDelete